Academic Support Programs
Count on your Residence Life Staff to help you get things sorted out and stay focused. Our team has been in your shoes, and they know what it takes to make it at the UW. They'll help you:
- Find other residents with common classes, so you can share notes and form study groups.
- Make sure your study habits aren't left to chance. Our on-site, dedicated Coordinator of Academic Programming plans many events throughout the year that are geared towards helping you stay focused on learning.
You'll have full access to all of the campus-wide University resources, including:
- UW-Madison Writing Center at the Memorial Library or at the Old Red Gym – A free resource to help all UW students become more effective, confident writers.
- Greater University Tutorial Services (GUTS) – a registered student organization that connects UW students with volunteer tutors. Their offices are located 333 E. Campus Mall.
- UW-Madison Cross College Advising – Student advisors are available at Ingraham Hall to help you with decisions about programs and majors, and with career planning.
- You'll also have access to University e-mail, Do-It, and WisWorld access to the UW's vast computer research, libraries and communications system.